02 Apr How do colors influence learning?
We have a reaction to colors every day. On a traffic light, warning signs, websites, and nature so it does makes sense that color will have an effect on our learning process.
I’m not a teacher or a psychologist and there is way too much information online with research that mentions this topic that it’s hard to know where to start.
So, I just want to highlight 5 things that I learned from my google research that does makes sense to me on how colors influence learning.
- Yellow is the most prominent color humans see.
- For academic environments, colours should be chosen based on the age of kids.
- Wall color is one the largest physical components in a classroom.
- It is a great tool for teaching vocabulary.
- Color needs to be a focus on cognitive and not decorative purpose while designing a classroom
Do you take this into consideration for your school classrooms, training rooms, etc? Or do you just go with the color white with everything?